The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Friday, February 15, 2008

All My Bags Are Packed

5 gloriously hedonistic days of soaking up golden sunlight, sipping sundowners, devouring saved-up-for-holidays books, practicing yoga to the sound of the waves and losing track of time and day. After 8 straight months of work, this little break is like that spoonful of sugar that makes the medicine go down.

I have always enjoyed Langkawi. I do not love it the way I do Phi Phi (pre-tsunami), Bali or even Krabi, but I am fond enough of it to return to its charms every now and then.

The last time I was there, I hadn't yet given my heart to yoga. This time, I have already done my research and found a promising little shala tucked amongst nature and paddy fields. It has receieved highly acclaimed reviews online, so I am eager to explore its offerings. The other yoga class is held in a 5-star hotel, in which a friend is part of the spa team. Could be commercial, could be the exact oppostite.

So I'm off and will return with stories (and depending on my dubious photography skills, pictures too)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home