The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Hail 2008!

Hard to believe a whole year has slipped by, eh? If your previous year was anything like mine, congratulations! You survived. And now things can only get better. Before you sigh 'Thank God' and accelerate forward, pause a while. 2007 wasn't the enemy. It was the chisel that has shaped you - very painfully, I admit! - into the person you are as you stand at the threshold of a brand new year. And don't worry if you don't feel any stronger, smarter, more confident...you will understand why you went through what you went through in time to come.

For those of you who had a wonderful 2007, I'm so happy for you! Remember that joy and try to recreate it in every moment of your life. Never give yourself a chance to forget what it feels like to be completely happy.

To all of you, thank you so much for reading this blog. At times I wonder if I'm muttering to myself but then some anonymous soul will post a comment and I will think, 'Wow. Someone else is actually reading my mental chatter!'. And that makes me more aware of the way I portray yoga. It makes me more conscious of portraying it in the best possible way and not just in my way. That can get scary sometimes.

Which is why I'm dedicating 2008 to a deeper understanding of yoga and its place in my life. This blog will remain a very personal journey, one that I hope you will continue to join me on, so I can also learn from you. Because this year, I will have many questions and I will be looking to you for answers!

Thank you again. Your friendship and support have been so important, and I wish for you a year filled with love and light.

Happy New Year!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a happy and fulfulling year ahead.
Best wishes,
Uma
P.S.You teaching any classes I can join, been away from classes too long I think.....???

4:37 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

Hi Uma,

I'm afraid I have taken a sabbatical from teaching for the time being, in order to focus on my own practice. Maybe try Parveen again? His style is different now that he's out of Y2H. I think you'd like it now. :) He's teaching in Dance KL, just down the road from Bangsar Post Office. Let me know how it goes.

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Starlight. Wishing you Truth that you may continue to be true to yourself, your art and your quest. You have written your name in the hearts of people you have come in touch with thru your blog. May the Angels bestow love and happiness on to you. God Bless.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Starlight,
A very Happy New Year to you!

I've been reading your blog for the past 15 months (about the time I started ashtanga practice), and have not posted any comments, until I read your dedication to 2008 : getting a deeper understanding of yoga and its place in life, happens to be my dedication too!

Your musings never fail to touch a cord in my life and in my practice; be it about the ego (what a laugh I had when I read about peeping between the legs to look at Bendy Wendy at the back of the room! Guilty as charged!), or about The Resident's Back (I too suffer the wrath of those years in stilettos and corporate occupational hazzards).

Although I've not had the opportunity to attend any of your classes, your mental chatters remind me that there are great teachers out there... 'real' teachers... ones who teach from the heart, are not afraid to admit they are not infallible, and that yoga is a continuous journey.

I wish you a year of peace, light, love and happiness.

8:01 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

Anon #1 - thank you so much! i wish all those same wonderful things back for you. may you have generous helpings of sunshine in your life this year, and a good flashlight when the road gets dark!

Anon #2 - i am so honoured that you have been accompanying me for the past 15 months! thank you very much for your silent support and for sharing the love of my life with me. i wish you an amazing year of self-discovery too!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Starlight. Have sent you email and apologies. Jane Sunshine

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home