The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Friday, January 18, 2008

Brahmacharya - Day 2

The headaches are not letting up. And now a strange cloak of fatigue has blanketed me as well. I arrived home today utterly exhausted and almost dozed off in my plate of pasta. So I googled 'caffeine withdrawal symptoms'.

CBSNews announced that Researchers are saying that caffeine withdrawal should now be classified as a psychiatric disorder. Great. One more bill to pay.

According to Roland Griffiths, professor of psychiatry and neuroscience, there are five clusters of symptoms:
1. Headache (the most common symptom)
2. Fatigue or drowsiness
3. 'Unhappy' mood, depression, or irritability
4. Difficulty concentrating
5. Flu-like symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, and stiffness

I only have Number 1 and 2 for now. But it's nice to know that I have three more symptoms to look forward to. Well, actually I already feel the onslaught of Number 3.
The Seer came home last night and said, "If you're going to be snappy, I'm going out." Oops.

But I'm being a little dramatic here. The sunshiney bit is that this uninvited detox is doing my body some good. I'll find out exactly what as soon as this headache goes away. And it has slapped me awake into confronting the fact that I am dependent on coffee.

A friend just texted 'Flying back from Dubai on Friday. Drinks on Saturday? I have a helluva' story to tell you!'

Wait till he hears my bad news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home