The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Get Over It Already!

So it's been a fortnight. And the symptoms have finally packed their bags. No more headachs, no more exhaustion, no more crankiness. Just occasional cravings that are surprisingly easily stared down.

"I'm really impressed!" The Seer remarked. "Didn't you think you could do this."

"Well, if you were in as much pain as I'm in, you'd subsist on plain water and baked beans if you had to."

"Point taken."

My back still hurts though perhaps not as intensely as before. But it's still too early to tell. I'm staying off coffee for another month or two, so we'll see what happens then. My fingers are so tightly crossed that even an ant would have to suck in its tummy to squeeze through.

The silver lining is that I feel cleaner. Almost the same way I did in when I was vegetarian two years ago. It's good to know that my mind is stronger than my addictions. It's been a good change.

Though I really wanted a cuppa with my cake this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home