The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Goodbye Benazir...And Thank You

You've no idea how hard I've looked for a gift to bring You.
Nothing seemed right.

What's the point of bringing gold to the gold mine, or water to the Ocean.
Everything I came up with was like taking spices to the Orient.

It's no good giving my heart and my soul because you already have these.

So- I've brought you a mirror.

Look at yourself and remember me.

- Jalaluddin Rumi


I wonder, Ms. Bhutto, if you are astonished at the intensity of grief, fury and unity that your death has unleashed. If you are, you shouldn't be. Because despite tragedy being hereditary in your family, your vision was beyond your personal self.

What your short life hadn't yet achieved, your death certainly did. You have proved that although we are able to gleefully parade our sophisticated weapons and technology, our very essence of humanity remains in shambles. So, thank you for the jolting reminder.

You came back for your people. And now, they will look in the mirror and remember you.

Rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home