The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Friday, May 11, 2007

Destination: The Rainbow
I leave for gorgeous South Africa tonight. My insides are a twisted mass of nervous excitement. Nervous because I have a feeling I will find out certain truths there. And excitement because it's one of my favourite countries.

Affectionately dubbed 'Rainbow Nation' by Desmond Tutu (to describe its post-apartheid multiethnic nature), SA holds only the most beautiful, technicoloured memories for me. I can't wait to return; to hop into the arms of dear friends, sip the best wine on the planet under a brilliant sunset, make new friends, scour the colourful flea markets, sip coffee al fresco, feast my eyes on the rugged coastline, warm cold hands over countless barbecue pits and live like blue skies last forever.

I'll catch you in two weeks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

oooo...how exciting. i dream of going there one day too!!!

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are making me envious..........to me Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Been to SA twice and it just isn't enough, and all the things you mention about what you are going to do just brings back memories.
Let me know what is the fantastic job you have and do you need an assistant for your trips?

Cheers,
Uma

5:47 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

Jane, you MUST! SA is truly food for the soul.

Uma, you're so right. SA grabs your heart with both hands and holds on tight until you return to her again and again and again. Kinda' like India!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home