The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Another Step Forward

I turned 29 today.

Leading up to today, family and friends had teased me, saying, "Oooh, you're closer to the big 3 now! Just one more year before you join us and then there's no turning back." They made 30 sound like the Bermuda Triangle and today, my high spirits suddenly slipped on the dark carpet of cynicism that they had generously spread out. But before my optimism could splatter inelegantly at my feet, I turned around to look at the road I had been walking on for the past 29 years.

Years 1-12 were residing behind a silvery veil. I couldn't see them but I remembered the bits and pieces that made me happy, and that was enough for me. Years 13-18 were shrouded in a cloak of blackness, one that I vowed to never pull off. Years 19-22 involved many valleys. Year 23 began with an ascent up a mountain and from then on, I've been standing on its peak. The person I was those many years ago, is a shadow of who I am today. And for that I am deeply grateful.

Struggling to find myself at the age of 25, exhausted from the burden of mistakes and trying desperately to keep my eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel, I decided that I would be kinder to myself. I would allow my twenties to be an era of discovery, mistakes and experiments. But by the time I hit 30, I must know who I am and be comfortable with that. And I have met that deadline...a whole year ahead of time. :) I bought many presents for myself this yea, but that realisation was the best of the lot.

I'm going to celebrate my 29th year of life by pouring more heart and soul into living. By giving more love, indulging in worry less, letting go of more, trusting the universe and myself more, cherishing more and living the most authentic life I possibly can.

The Healer took me to see her Tibetan Buddhist guru, who is down from Nepal, for blessings today. I didn't feel anything at the time, but now, I feel a different energy surging through me. And the voice within says change is in the cards and the best part is yet to come.

So for now, all is well in my world.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

2:03 AM  
Blogger starlight said...

Thank you, Lightster!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Rafleesia said...

Dear Starlight

Only 29? Sometimes I forget how old, or how young you are. You have a maturity that transcends your age. I don't know many under 30s like you. To me, you are lready a 30-something and I mean that im a good way!

Happy birthday again my friend and I am so happy you are planning to come to India with me!

9:50 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

thank you, rafleesia. *bows* i've been told i have an old soul, but in my heart of hearts, i will always be 25. :) and thank YOU for inviting me to India! it will be a marvellous journey!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Jane Sunshine said...

Sweetheart, came here after a while and find that I've missed your birthday. Belated birthday greetings. Here's to many dreams coming true.

4:22 AM  
Blogger starlight said...

Thank you, Jane! Hugs!!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home