The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Balancing Act

Last year, after I handed in my resignation, one of those I was leaving behind took a final swing at my decision to become a fulltime yoga teacher.

"So all you're going to do is yoga?"

"And writing to pay the bills. But yes, mainly yoga."

"That's a very unbalanced life."

I smiled inwardly at the irony of that statement. This conversation was just one in many, all of which were emotionally draining. This person was one who considered yoga the work of the devil and never missed an opportunity to share that belief with me. My last few weeks in his presence was very very challenging. But it was yoga that helped prevent my sanity scale from tipping right over. It was yoga that helped keep my life in balance - precarious, though it was. And it was yoga I turned to over and over again for strength, wisdom and courage.


The last I heard, this person had lost another of his flock. Before breaking the news, the soon-to-be-ex-employee lamented how much she was dreading the emotional drama that this person was famous for unleashing.
Funny. That too me, seemed more the mark of an unbalanced life than headstands and forward bends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be very very upset with this person to have unleashed your anger on this blog. Have you tried to sort things out with the person?

7:17 AM  
Blogger starlight said...

hi anon. sometimes, letting go and moving on is the best thing to do. to choose your battles wisely. and this is just a post, not an 'unleashing of anger'. :) I merely wrote it because i was reminded of that comment.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home