The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Monday, June 15, 2009

Steer By Starlight

To The Thinker,

This is for you. It is the favourite poem of an African guide that I found in my current bedtime read - Steering By Starlight. I wanted to have this poem framed and gifted to you - and I will - but for now, hold these words in your heart until you have them in your hands.


Live while you are alive...
Learn to be what you are in the seed of your spirit
Learn to free yourself from all things that have molded you
And which limit your secret and undiscovered road...
Never forget that love
Requires that you be
The greatest person you are capable of being,
Self-generating and strong and gentle -
Your own hero and star...
Be grateful for life as you live it,
And may a wonderful light
Always guide you along the unfolding road.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Who wrote it?
How are you, it has been a long time...
Smiles,
Uma

7:43 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

Hi Uma!
Yes, it's been ages! How have you been? And how's your practice? I'm afraid I don't know who wrote the poem, I just came across it in book I'm reading. Hope you are well, please do stay in touch. Hugs!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home