The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Monday, May 04, 2009

Changes

The Healer is trapped in an unexpected vortex of domestic duties, and when we spoke earlier today, she was spinning out of control.

"This is the most difficult thing I've ever done before," she confessed in an exhausted whisper. "How do I cook, clean and take care of twins all at the same time?"

This was the third phone call since Project Runaway and despite the deep breaths I kept tellng her to take, she was still hyperventilating.

"This doesn't affect P at all!" she marvelled. "He carries on his usual routine and just fits this huge change right in. I feel I have to put everything else on hold while I figure this out!"

And then, I had one of those moments where I had no idea what I was saying but the words somehow came out right. I spoke to her in a language she understood.

"So you've got a vinyasa sequence that you could do in your sleep. Now suddenly you have to introduce a new pose into it. It's a difficult pose that you have never done before, and you have no idea where or how to fit it in - or even if it will fit. You don't neglect the entire practice just to figure out that one pose. You look at it and place it where you think it would fit best in the sequence. Then you try it out. If it doesn't work, then you move it to another spot. And you keep moving it until it finally clicks into place. Once that happens you won't know where the sequence begins and ends because everything flows seamlessly into and out of each other."

There was a long silence before she said, "Thank you."

I don't know if she has resumed her hyperventilation but for that moment, she was ok. And that was good enough for both of us.

My moments of spouting stuff like this are few and far between so I figured I had better write this down so I can come back to it if I ever go through my own vortex of change. And of course, hopefully it does others some good too! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home