The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

To The Very Core

It’s shameful, really. 5 years of yoga and still I’m a mess of sore muscles after Sunday's yoga event - On The Mat & Beyond.

I was meant to co-lead the session for those with excess weight, but since only five people showed up, I decided to participate instead. Unfortunately, none of the other five had any excess to lose, so instead of a gentle practice, Roslin unleashed her trademark core yoga sequence upon us.

Now Roslin is a great teacher and the routine was exactly what my lazybones needed, but boy, was it tough! After the second dhanurasana sequence, my body refused to do anything more than lie flat on the gound for a full ten seconds. I snuck a peek around and was greatly comforted to see that my counterparts were also on the verge of waving the white flag.

Having said that, it was a good class which once again underlined the fact that I really need to build up my core strength. And watching Roslin move through each sequence with such precision and ease was very inspiring to both my inner student and teacher. This is the reason why I keep seeking out new teachers, despite fellow yogis telling me that I should stick to just one.

It felt really good to be part of a group again. I have missed that. And the icing on the cake? Roslin teaches at the same place Gary does!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home