The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Saturday, September 29, 2007

For Cassiopeia

(This is for Cassiopeia, who is trying to stay frozen while at the same time hoping that someone will strike a match. And this is for all of you who are punishing yourself for being alive.)


"I must learn to love the fool in me - the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries. It alone protects me against that utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool." - Theodore I. Rubin -

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The trick is to keep moving forward, to let go of the fear and the regret that slow us down and keep us from enjoying a journey that will be over too soon. Yes, there will be unexpected bends in the road, shocking surprises we didn't see coming, but that's really the point. Don't you think?"
~Mary Alice (Desperate Housewives)

11:13 PM  
Blogger starlight said...

Absolutely. But no one said it was going to be easy. And maybe that's what makes the experience invaluable. Kinda' like pregnancy, I would imagine!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Lavinia said...

I am quite often the fool- despite my many years of life I still cannot stop the irreprisible urge to talk too much, take too many chance, lack self control and laugh and cry too many times. They say age, experience and wisdom will help us become peaceful as the years go by. Yet I still have the restlessness of youth in me, despite my many years.

But perhaps somethings need to be as they are so we remain human.

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home