The Path To Bodhichitta

You start where you are, the practice will meet you there.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Yoga Of Sleep

"What a great weather for yoga nidra," I commented, as I walked into Swarupa Yoga, brushing the rain sprinkles off my arms and hair.

PDN eyed me suspiciously. "I hope that doesn't mean you're going to fall asleep during the session."

So of course I did. :(

But - based on the erractic times when I was awake - it was a very good session. Yoga Nidra literally means yogic sleep, though not the slumber we crash into at the end of each day. In yoga nidra, one melts into a peaceful stillness while still retaining awareness of the body and the teacher's guidance. Yoga Point describes it aptly as 'the state on borderline of sleep and wake fullness. It is nothing but Perfect Relaxation'.

I would love to write more on this, but I'm afraid that a lengthier piece will have to wait until I am awake throughout the entire session! Luckily for me, that time will arrive in a fortnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home